Sunday, December 14, 2008

Say Hello To My Blog!

Welcome to the Charmed PR blog! This is my first official post so I'll try not to ramble too much...

I'm proud to say that Charmed PR is about to celebrate its first birthday and so far I've enjoyed every minute I've spent promoting my clients. Having started off working in the publishing world as a magazine editor and writer, I never thought that I'd really enjoy being on the other side of the pitch (I, too, have had my share of publicist phone calls and unwanted emails) but life is funny that way. I think, mostly, it's because I've only chosen to work with clients I love and really feel passionate about. 

While I've been focusing primarily on fashion and beauty clients like Melange Apothecary, Crib Rock Couture & Decor, Unique Vintage, Tough Cookie's Children's Boutique and oopsy daisy! beautiful baby, a friend of mine recently introduced me to Nancy Mehagian and her new culinary memoir, Siren's Feast: An Edible Odyssey. My kids are five and two and honestly, I don't have much time to read books other than Where the Wild Things Are and Pinkalicious, but as soon as I this book landed on my doorstep, I could NOT put it down and stayed up past midnight for a week just to finish it. The true story follows Mehagian's life growing up as an Armenian-American in the '60s and '70s as she rebelliously travels through Morocco, India and Ibiza, and even spends 16 months in a London prison with her newborn daughter who she had from a one-night encounter with a gypsy fiddler in Syria (crazy, but true!) The constant that threads her journey together is her passion for food and cooking. Siren's Feast contains more than 40 mouth-watering recipes that will bring out your inner chef. 

I couldn't wait to meet her when I finished the book. Nancy was so amazing and so interesting. I am looking forward to spreading the word on her work!

Some other great clients I've started working with are Fat Tie, the super cute boys' shirt line (when you visit the site, look for the little guy in the brown shirt...that's my son, Liam!), Kaiya Eve Couture Pettiskirts (which my daughter is psycho over), Not Just Any Old Day sterling silver calendar keepsakes, and Devi Yoga designer yoga mats (I don't do yoga, but if I did, I'd totally use these mats, they're gorgeous :-).

Okay, I could keep going, but my husband just brought me my frozen yogurt. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment